4 East Elm
Mar 2nd, 2017
@properties leads the sales and marketing for this luxury Gold Coast development, the first new condominium high-rise started on Chicagoâ€™s North Side since 2008.
Location: 4 East Elm Street, Gold Coast
Developer: Convexity Properties
Total # of Units: 35
Price Range: $1.9 million - $7.5 million
Current status: 97%
As only the second new condo high-rise development to break ground in Chicago since the Great Recession, and the first in the city’s upscale Gold Coast neighborhood, 4 East Elm faced a number of unique questions and challenges. @properties worked closely with Convexity Properties, and its design team of SCB and Gary Lee Partners, to plan product mix, unit layouts, finishes, pricing and a marketing program that would maximize the project’s value and salability.
- Worked with developer, architect and interior designer to refine unit layouts over a period of several months prior to introducing project to the marketplace
- Recommended the building was recast from a 60-unit design with a predominant 2-bedroom unit mix to a 35-unit design made up exclusively of large 3-bedroom plans
- Advised developer on unit finishes that would deliver the most value based on buyer preferences
- Phased introduction of the project in the marketplace in order to maintain more control over absorption and pricing
- Oversaw the development of the initial brand and marketing assets by a small local design firm and then brought production and ad placement in house, saving the developer six figures in agency fees and commissions.
- @properties’ commission-only sales team consisted of two of the top five brokers in the city for luxury condo sales over $2 million
- 25% sold within two weeks of opening, 50% within three months and 70% within six months — 12 months prior to completion
- Blended price per square foot has increased 5% during this time
- Strong early sales and a balanced absorption allowed us to raise prices throughout the selling program, generating millions of dollars in incremental revenue for the developer.
New residential community offers single family homes and luxury townhomes in southwest suburbsLearn more
Red hot location and strategic marketing helped sell out this West Loop luxury condominium in less than a year.Learn more