Webster Square Apartments
Jan 9th, 2015
@properties oversaw leasing for a new, 75-unit apartment community in Lincoln Park — achieving stabilization in 6 months with very limited marketing expenditure.
Location: 558 W. Webster, Lincoln Park
Developer: Sandz Development Co., Inc.
Total # of Units: 75
Price Range: $3.10 per square foot
Current status: Stabilized
Webster Square Apartments is one component of a master-planned development involving the adaptive reuse of the former Lincoln Park Hospital. The entire project includes 75 rental units, 96 condominiums, 35,000 s.f. of retail/office space and a 255-car parking garage. The apartments are self-managed by the developer, who has a full-time property management staff of one. @properties, which is also conducting condominium sales and commercial leasing for the project, was hired to lease the apartments. Pre-leasing began three months prior to occupancy, with no access to the building, during one of the coldest Chicago winters on record.
- Established a temporary marketing center in a trailer on site
- Shot photography from the building rooftop during the previous summer to highlight one of the property’s most unique – and most unexpected – features: panoramic views of the city skyline. Displayed views on video and static displays in the trailer and on the website
- Installed on-site signage to take advantage of prime Lincoln Park location and maximize walk-in traffic
- Marketed through enhanced listings on Apartment Listing Sites, direct to apartment locators and internally to @properties’ 1,500 brokers
- Achieved 93% occupancy in 6 months
- 45% of leases were the result of walk-in traffic or online leads resulting in tens of thousands of dollars in co-op commission savings
- Average rent upon stabilization was $3.10 PSF, $.25 PSF above target rents
Port Clinton Place, Webster Square & The LegacyLearn more
@properties leads the sales and marketing for this luxury Gold Coast development, the first new condominium high-rise started on Chicago’s North Side since 2008.Learn more
The 2015 @report: Market pricing and dynamics, plus new in-depth features highlighting Chicago development trendsLearn more