The first settlers in Wheatland, Schuyler Bonday and Adolph Reitbrook, arrived in the fall of 1837. The town was named after the bountiful wheat fields that surround the area. It is said that the soil in Wheatland is some of the most fertile in Wisconsin, which led to rapid settlement in the community. Wheatland was officially incorporated on May 7, 1842, as a part of Racine County. In 1850, the town was transferred to the jurisdiction of Kenosha County, where it has remained ever since.
The Wheatland Center Elementary School, located in the Wheatland J1 School District, is responsible for schooling of children in grades K-8. There are a number of feeder high schools in the area, including Wilmot Union High School and Burlington High School. Interstate access is available nearby via Interstate 94, while U.S. Highway 41 and 45 enable travel across the state.
The area is home to a number of popular lakes, including Powers Lake and Lilly Lake, which is known for its bountiful fishing waters, as well as its large Northern Pike and Bass colonies. Both lakes are popular destinations among residents and visitors thanks to their summer aquatic recreational offerings, which include boating, skiing, swimming, fishing and canoeing. The village is also home to a number of parks, which feature walking and jogging trails, and offer residents ample opportunity to enjoy all that the town has to offer year round.
34315 Geneva Rd., New Munster, WI
34315 Geneva Rd, New Munster, WI 53152
Twin Lakes Community Library
110 S Lake Ave., Twin Lakes, WI 53181
Aurora Health Center
700 N Lake Ave., Twin Lakes, WI
No Nearby Public Transportation Found
Click on the market snapshot below to view detailed market trends
Average Sales Price
Average Days on Market
Sales Prices vs. List Price
Data represents the average over the past 12 months. All information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.