About Powers Lake
The first settlers in the community were Mary Rae and Jonathan Ineson, who were married in the area in 1837. At the time the area was known as English Prairie, a name which would remain until the Village of Twin Lakes was incorporated in 1912. The Inesons had eight children, but only two girls. These girls were notable as they were named Mary and Elizabeth, which, not coincidentally, are the names of the two nearby lakes. The lakes were named after these two girls, and shortly thereafter, the name “Twin Lakes” became widely-used among locals.
The community is split across various school districts, with Lakewood, Randall and Trevor/Wilmot all serving a section of the village. All districts feed into Wilmot Union High School, which is less than 10 minutes from downtown Twin Lakes. Interstate access is available nearby via Interstate 94, providing easy transportation throughout the Midwest, while U.S. Highway 41 and 45 enable travel across the state.
One of the highlights of the area is its natural beauty, particularly at Lake Mary and Lake Elizabeth. The lakes span nearly 1,000 acres, and are a popular destination for summer aquatic recreation, offering boating, skiing, swimming, fishing and canoeing. The village is also home to a number of parks, which feature tennis and basketball courts, as well as walking and jogging trails, and playgrounds and picnic areas.
108 E Main St., Twin Lakes, WI
170 Lance Dr, Twin Lakes, WI 53181
110 S Lake Ave., Twin Lakes, WI 53181
Walworth County Today
Aurora Health Center
700 N Lake Ave., Twin Lakes, WI