Ted Pickus Team
"With over 25 years in residential construction and development and vast real estate expertise,
I provide clients a broker who not only understands the emotional importance of 'home,'
but 'home' from the perspectives of structure, aesthetic, investment and potential."
- Over $30 million in 2017
- $20 million in closed transactions, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
- $10 million in closed transactions, 2011 & 2012
- Average Days on Market (DOM): A low 68 days
- List-to-selling price ratio: 92% equals on-target pricing
- Skilled negotiation and follow-through brings buyers and sellers to a win-win deal and closing
- Strategic marketing supported by @properties broad online, offline and print exposure
- Optimal communication supported by personal feedback and weekly online activity reports
- Twenty year resident of Highland Park ” North Shore expert, community integration resource, father of four children raised in Highland Park schools and youth programs
Roots in Real Estate and Building
Working for my father's residential construction company from the age of ten, building homes was a natural part of my childhood. I helped out with everything from cleaning up job sites to accompanying my dad on property visits and showings, acquiring a foundation of knowledge that would become a personal and professional passion.
Three words that best describe the principles which guide my work in real estate are caring, integrity and tenacity. I am first and foremost a people person, 'caring' about client needs and concerned that their goals and interests are always represented. 'Integrity' means that I not only want what's best for all parties in every transaction, but what's most ethical. 'Tenacity' means I don't give up until we reach success!
Key North Shore and Chicago Residential Development/Construction/Sales Projects for Ted Pickus
Mallinckrodt in the Park, Wilmette, IL ” 81 condominiums; more than $40 million in sales
The Atelier, Chicago, IL ” 39 condominiums with 91-space parking garage; more than $17M in sales
1600 Green Bay Road, Highland Park, IL ” Eight $1 million+ condominiums
3300 Skokie Valley Road, Highland Park, IL ” Vintage motel to 25,000 square foot office building
LaSalle Place, Highland Park, IL ” Four condominium building from demolition of a single family home; more than $3 million in sales
- Served on the City of Highland Park Affordable Housing Commission, 1999-2003
- Former President, Lake County Home Builder's Association, 1998
- Home Builder's Association of Greater Chicago, member since 1990
- B.S., Finance/Real Estate, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 1984
- Real Estate Broker's License, 1986
- Licensed general contractor, City of Highland Park
- Financial Analyst for VMS Realty and Collins-Tuttle & Company, Chicago, 1984-1988
- Completed classes towards Property Manager certification, Institute of Real Estate Management
"Call me when you want a REALTOR® who bridges a lifetime
of construction knowledge with real estate expertise!"
Clients are saying:
"Ted did a great job for us. We originally thought he was way too optimistic about what we should ask for our house, but after receiving multiple offers in the first few days the house was on the market, we basically got that price. I've never been happier to be wrong. My wife and I joke that our house was sold before we even had a sign on the front lawn! Negotiations are always stressful, but knowing how many Ted has been through really made us feel at ease with the process."
"I'd like to share the great experience my Wife and I had working with Lisa Schulkin with @properties.com, to search for and purchase our new home. As we decided to downsize from our 4 bedroom home in Buffalo Grove after 38 years, to a townhouse or condo further east, so we could live closer to our Kids and Grandchildren, Lisa was more than a realtor, she was a friend and looked out for our best interest, like we were her own Parents. After a number of townhouse and condo tours, of places that looked good on line, Lisa came up with the perfect place for us, a large 2 bedroom condo in Northbrook.In addition to Lisa researching and working diligently for us, and very professionally presenting us with all the details for each property we asked to see, she took the time to satisfy our needs with things that we hadn't even thought about. For a great experience in buying a home my Wife and I highly recommend Lisa Schulkin with @properties.com, as a great, diligent, professional, compassionate realtor. C.C. & S.C."
"Ted and Lisa delivered on every word the committed to . If we ever move back to Highland Park there is no doubt who our North Shore realtors for life are.Thanks for a great experience!"