STAFF OPPORTUNITIES WITH @PROPERTIES
Established in 2000, @properties is the largest independent real estate brokerage firm in the
state of Illinois and one of the top 25 residential brokers in the U.S. As a locally-owned,
independent company, we offer local homebuyers and sellers the highest level of service for
their real estate needs through our award-winning sales and marketing programs,
industry-leading technology, and experienced, innovative brokers. We have built a unique
culture based on professionalism, integrity, teamwork, community and fun. We are always looking
for talented individuals who subscribe to these ideals to fuel our company's growth and
@properties and its principals have received numerous honors including:
- Inc. Magazine "Inc. 500/5000" list of the fastest growing private companies in
America (5 consecutive years)
- Crain's Chicago Business "Fast 50" list of the fastest growing companies in
Chicago, (2 consecutive years)
- Crain's Chicago Business "Largest Privately Held Companies" list
- Crain's Chicago Business "40 Under 40" list of top young executives
- RealTrends 500 list of the largest brokerage firms in America (#35)
- Inman News 100 Most Influential Real Estate Leaders
- Chicago Entrepreneurship Hall of Fame
- Lincoln Park Builders Club Impact Award
- Chicago Association of REALTORS® Golden Eagle Award
Front Desk Admin – ChicagoSummary:
Operates multiline telephone system to answer incoming calls and directs callers, greets customers and visitors and directs to appropriate personnel and supports office staff by performing the following duties
- Three days during the week and weekends!
- Two consecutive days off during the week
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information as necessary
- Update and maintain MLS
- Create listing entry for all properties listed for sale, send communication to sellers, and link to syndicated sites
- Work on specific projects assigned weekly, monthly and quarterly.
- Create recruiting packets, listing/buyer packets, and update form drawers
- Create and maintain schedules
- Supports Agents by answering questions and providing training relating to technology and communicating office procedure information. Provides information about MLS, rentals and tenant screening, marketing, IT and directing agents to appropriate department when needed
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail, maintains and routes publications while communicating with the messenger service, coordinate inter-office deliveries
- Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, maintaining files, photocopying, scanning and collating
- Conducts credit, criminal and eviction check on prospective tenants
- Order office and kitchen supplies
- Performs daily cleaning duties throughout office, including kitchen and bathrooms. Restocking supplies throughout office and taking weekly inventory
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies : Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments. Interpersonal - Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting. Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Able to read and interpret written information. Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent. Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. Initiative - Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed. Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Safety and Security - Uses equipment and materials properly.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Database software.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk or hear.