From survivor to seller, foodie to forecaster and baker to broker, there are many sides to North Shore real estate market expert, Susan Maman.
In the top 1% of brokers for the past nine consecutive years, Susan Maman has been a name clients in the North Shore trust to deliver results. Providing superior service to buyers and sellers every step of the way, Susan chose @properties for the innovative marketing, advertising and cutting-edge technology it provides for her clients. Susan was awarded one of Crain's 2019 Notable Residential Real Estate Brokers. Amongst numerous accolades, she was recently awarded with one of the 100 Most Influential Real Estate Agents in Illinois by Real Estate Executive Magazine. She is known amongst her clients”who she considers partners”for her clear and sincere commitment to their needs.
As a hands-on broker, every client can rely on Susan giving them her undivided attention: bringing an honest approach, a wealth of industry knowledge, creative energy, and stellar negotiation skills throughout the entire process. To this day, this has resulted in a majority client base that is largely repeat clients and referrals. After her battle with breast cancer in 2004, Susan approaches her profession with the same heart and determination that have enabled her to be a survivor. She applies this same fighting spirit when it comes to negotiating for her clients and being able to tackle and overcome the challenges of our current real estate market. For the last decade, she is proud and passionate to have donated a percentage of her earnings to Breast Cancer Research.
As a 55-year native of the North Shore, Susan prides herself on her extensive knowledge of the market up and down The Shore. After graduating from New Trier East High School, she attended the University of Michigan and the University of Arizona and earned a B.A. in Psychology with high honors. She had an extensive career in the corporate world working for Sprint in the advertising and marketing deparment for 17 years. Thus, truly believing in the importance of market and advertising.
Susan loves being the mother of two young adults, Jordan and Monique, and enjoys being the youngest and only girl in a family of four.
When time permits, Susan makes gourmet meals and delicious baked goods for her family and friends, travels to different parts of the world and plays tennis. Last, but certainly not least, Susan loves to laugh and have fun with all those around her!
Areas of Expertise:
- Awarded Crain's 2019 Notable Residential Real Estate Brokers
- Over 280 million in sales success
- Awarded 100 Most Influential Real Estate Agents in Illinois by Real Estate Executive Magazine
- Top Real Estate Agents in Chicago, named by Chicago Magazine 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 5 Star Award, Chicago Magazine, 2015,2016,2017,2018,2019
- NSBAR 2019-Awarded top 1% by Residential Sales Volume
- 2014 MVP Broker “ Suburbs, nominated by Chicago Agent Magazine
- #1 individual @properties broker, 2014
- Top 1% of all brokers in Chicagoland, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- 20-35 million in Sales Tier 2012-2019
- #6 broker in the New Trier School District amongst ALL brokerages, 2014
- #1 individual broker in Glencoe amongst ALL brokerages, 2014, 2019
- Top 5% of New Trier district brokers, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Among the top 10 brokers in the New Trier School District for all brokerages
- @properties Top Listing Broker, Glencoe, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2019
- #1 Glencoe listing broker among ALL brokerages, 2013
- 5 Star Award, Chicago Magazine 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 1026, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Susan's listings sell at almost of 96% their original price
- @properties Winnetka Office Team Player of the Year, 2010
- Builder/developer, 2008-2009
- Rookie of the Year, 2005
- Certified Residential Specialist
- Accredited Buyer's Representative
- Member, National Association of REALTORS
Beating Breast Cancer and Fighting for a Cure
Susan Maman not only fights for her clients at the negotiating table, she is a fighter in life, having battled and beat breast cancer in 2004. Susan donates a percentage of her annual earnings to breast cancer research, and her passionate commitment to ending breast cancer is additionally exemplified by her generous support of the research division of the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University and the Arthur G. Michel, MD Fellow in Breast Cancer Research at Evanston Northwestern Healthcare Foundation.
In 2005, Susan founded A Million Tomorrows, a fundraising organization whose primary focus is the financial support of breast cancer research and improving the quality of life for those fighting this disease..
Clients are saying:
"Susan helped with both our buy and sell. Her recommendations helped us get our home under contract in 5 days! She also helped negotiate a great deal on buy side. Susan has gone above and beyond. Not only did she help us but she went beyond and gave us recommendations to handymen who have helped us get our new home into our dream home so quickly. Thank you Susan, you are an amazing realtor and a great friend!!"
"Susan is a true professional, sharp, always on top of all the details, fully engaged and gets the deal done. Takes over the process end to end, holds your hand through every hurdle and across the finish line."
"Susan Maman is an outstanding real estate professional. She is pro-active, an excellent communicator and simply does not leave any boxes unchecked. I have used Susan before, as has my family and several friends. I do not hesitate in providing Susan the very highest recommendation."
"Susan was wonderful to work with, she assisted us with pricing the home, listing it, marketing and hosting open houses, as well as selling it in a short amount of time! She was very responsive and always helpful! We do not live locally anymore, and her professionalism and promptness was needed and extremely useful! We would highly recommend her in the future, and should we move back, will be utilizing her! She is truly a wonderful person to work with!"
"Susan is hands down the best realtor you can work with. She represented us on our purchase after we decided to let our prior agent go. We interviewed several agents, but nobody knew the North Shore or Glencoe like Susan. She's honest, hard-working, and is always available for her clients. From the moment we met Susan, we felt like we could trust her. Trust and knowledge were the two most important factors for us - and she epitomizes those qualities. She was never trying to make her commission or push us. She wanted to find us the perfect place at a great price point. She's an expert negotiator. Whether you're buying or selling, talk to Susan. You won't regret it. -Jamie and Sam"