"With over 25 years in residential construction and development and vast real estate expertise,
I provide clients a broker who not only understands the emotional importance of 'home,'
but 'home' from the perspectives of structure, aesthetic, investment and potential."
- Over $30 million in 2017
- $20 million in closed transactions, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
- $10 million in closed transactions, 2011 & 2012
- Average Days on Market (DOM): A low 68 days
- List-to-selling price ratio: 92% equals on-target pricing
- Skilled negotiation and follow-through brings buyers and sellers to a win-win deal and closing
- Strategic marketing supported by @properties broad online, offline and print exposure
- Optimal communication supported by personal feedback and weekly online activity reports
- Twenty year resident of Highland Park ” North Shore expert, community integration resource, father of four children raised in Highland Park schools and youth programs
Roots in Real Estate and Building
Working for my father's residential construction company from the age of ten, building homes was a natural part of my childhood. I helped out with everything from cleaning up job sites to accompanying my dad on property visits and showings, acquiring a foundation of knowledge that would become a personal and professional passion.
Three words that best describe the principles which guide my work in real estate are caring, integrity and tenacity. I am first and foremost a people person, 'caring' about client needs and concerned that their goals and interests are always represented. 'Integrity' means that I not only want what's best for all parties in every transaction, but what's most ethical. 'Tenacity' means I don't give up until we reach success!
Key North Shore and Chicago Residential Development/Construction/Sales Projects for Ted Pickus
Mallinckrodt in the Park, Wilmette, IL ” 81 condominiums; more than $40 million in sales
The Atelier, Chicago, IL ” 39 condominiums with 91-space parking garage; more than $17M in sales
1600 Green Bay Road, Highland Park, IL ” Eight $1 million+ condominiums
3300 Skokie Valley Road, Highland Park, IL ” Vintage motel to 25,000 square foot office building
LaSalle Place, Highland Park, IL ” Four condominium building from demolition of a single family home; more than $3 million in sales
- Served on the City of Highland Park Affordable Housing Commission, 1999-2003
- Former President, Lake County Home Builder's Association, 1998
- Home Builder's Association of Greater Chicago, member since 1990
- B.S., Finance/Real Estate, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 1984
- Real Estate Broker's License, 1986
- Licensed general contractor, City of Highland Park
- Financial Analyst for VMS Realty and Collins-Tuttle & Company, Chicago, 1984-1988
- Completed classes towards Property Manager certification, Institute of Real Estate Management
"Call me when you want a REALTOR® who bridges a lifetime
of construction knowledge with real estate expertise!"
Clients are saying:
"I can’t say enough wonderful things about Ted. Always there for me to guide me through the tumultuous period of buying and selling. Helpful in every way with the answers to all my questions. What doesn’t know, he quickly finds the answers. Finding the right realtor makes your moving process so much easier and I certainly found the right one. In addition, he is a genuinely , a nice guy, easy to work with and really cares about his clients. He made this process so much easier for me and he comes with my highest recommendation."
"Ted Pickus is an outstanding realtor with the highest level of professionalism. We had the pleasure of working with Ted on the sale of our house. He provided excellent service that resulted in closing. Ted is extremely responsive and made us feel like we were his only client."
"It is always a pleasure working with Ted. Ted has represented our family in numerous purchases and sales over the last 2 years and has always been professional, caring and helpful with a tremendous command of the market."
"I have worked with Ted on several deals in the last 6 years and always found him to be a huge asset to my investment process. He's been very attentive and always on top of being ready for the next step in the process, but most importantly I've always found him very fair. I highly reccommend!"
"Ted is professional, thorough, and was a true partner during every step of the process."