CNE, CRS, GRI - Broker
Positive, Professional, Proven
• Peggy has had a passion for real estate since reading Pearl Buck’s “The Good Earth” in grade school.
• She bought her first home at age 20.
• She bought her first investment property at age 24.
• She has owned property in 3 states.
• She earned a real estate license in Ohio in 1973 to do side ventures while working full time in advertising/marketing at Procter and Gamble.
• She moved to Chicago in 1983 to work for Leo Burnett and got a real estate license in 1984 to aid in her own renovations.
• In 1996 she decided to make real estate selling/investing a full time career.
• Peggy has personally renovated properties in: DePaul, Lakeview, Andersonville, Albany Park and Old Irving Park.
• She has done several condo conversions and new construction projects for builders in: Uptown, Sheridan Park, Lakeside and Albany Park.
• Peggy has been a resident of Old Irving Park since 1990. She was drawn to the Victorian/Italianate homes, tree lined streets, large lots with beautiful gardens and access to all major transportation networks. She is very interested in the growth and preservation of the neighborhood. Peggy currently resides in her “work-in-progress” the restoration of The Ropp-Grabill House, on the National Historic Register. The old house witnessed the Chicago Fire and was part of the Underground Slave Railroad. Peggy is a member of the Old Irving Park Garden Club, and the Old Irving Park Association.
• Rookie of the Year Award in 1996 for 17 completed deals
• Multi-million dollar producer
• Background in marketing/advertising with Fortune 500 Clients
Education and Designations
• University of Cincinnati – College of Design, Architecture and Art
• GRI – Graduate Realtor Institute
• CRS – Certified Residential Specialist
• CNE – Certified Negotiating Expert
Areas of Expertise
• Single family homes – new construction and resales
• Sale, purchase, renovation of historic properties
• Rehab potential
• Multi-unit buildings
• Condo conversions
• Small studios to upper bracket
• Buyers of all types - first time and experienced
• Turn-of-the-century classic Chicago buildings
• Works well with builders from the purchase of the vacant land or properties in need of renovation or conversion to the finished product and its marketing and resale.
• Extensive renovation experience - many of her family members and associates are in the building trades.
Communities I Serve
• Peggy works mostly in Old Irving Park, but has extensive experience in all the following North side neighborhoods: Portage Park, Jefferson Park, Independence Park, West Walker, Mayfair, Avondale, Kilbourn Park, Lincoln Mall Area, Albany Park, Ravenswood Manor, Horner Park, Ravenswood, St. Bens, North Center, Lincoln Square, Buck Town, Wicker Park, Logan Square, Roscoe Village, Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Uptown, Sheridan Park, Hutchinson Historic District, Buena Park, Lakeside, Loyola, Rogers Park, Andersonville, Edgewater, Lincoln Park, Old Town, DePaul.
• Full service office – from listing to closing. Assistance with all phases of the transaction. This is paramount with the many hurdles in the shifting market and the current mortgage crisis.
• Teams of professionals: marketing, mortgage, title, insurance assistance
• Unparalleled advertising/internet exposure
• Each listing receives magazine quality photos, signage, color brochure, personal domain, extensive advertising and internet exposure
What She Will Do For You
• Provide decades of hands-on experience
• Give first class service throughout the transaction.
• Provide the same service from small studio clients to upper bracket clients
• Offer a network of service professionals: attorneys, inspectors, lenders and trades people
• Blend business acumen, marketing skills, creativity, foresight, common sense, professionalism, perseverance, dedication and a strong work ethic into a mix that makes her a top Chicago agent.
Clients are saying:
"I appreciate all Peggy did for us as we worked our way through settling my dad's estate. It was certainly a learning process for me and my sisters. I could always trust she had our best interests at heart and would provide us with expert guidance whenever we asked. She was always responsive and quick with answers and showings."
"I was quite pleased to work with Peggy Brockhaus during the process of selling the three-flat I owned at 3818 N. Kenneth Avenue. Peggy provided great professional guidance during the course of my transaction, and quickly brought the property under contract. I highly recommend her services to all buyers and sellers of real estate in the Old Irving Park neighborhood."
"Peggy has helped me purchase two homes, one of which was my first. She has always made me feel at ease, informed, supported and with my best interest in mind. With the stressful process of home purchase, and now selling a condo, Peggy has helped put me at ease with her professional approach and honest advice. I’ve always felt I’m in good hands with Peggy by my side, and I would definitely recommend her to my family and friends!"
"Peggy, thank you for the great job you did selling the house we lived in for the last 38 years in Old Irving. All the work you provided, from home preparations, to staging, to professional photos and tours was invaluable. Your time and diligent follow up was much appreciated. Thank you again, and we have highly recommended you to our friends and neighbors."
"Peggy Brockhaus is an outgoing, friendly and savvy professional who knows the Old Irving Park area. Peggy gave me great suggestions and guidance to ready my home for sale. She was available for the slightest questions and once ready, photographed my home so beautiful, I thought twice about selling. Her advice during the bidding sales process was invaluable and her guidance through closing much appreciated. I cant image having sold my house with anyone else."